Initial 2FA set-up:
To access your Etana Account, please use Google Authenticator to set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). We require 2FA to provide maximum privacy and security on our platform. The Google Authenticator App is an accessible tool that is available via mobile or desktop. Follow the steps below to enable 2FA:
1. Download the Google Authenticator Application
2. Scan the generated QR Code or manually enter the code into your Google Authenticator App
3. Enter the 6-digit code on your screen (this number will automatically change after a short time window).
Using your 2FA:
*During registration, we require you to set-up 2FA. The 2FA code that is being requested should be available in whichever multi-factor authentication application you used when registering on our site originally. When you registered you should have downloaded a multi-factor authentication application, and scanned the QR Code into it. Then you would have needed to enter the 6 digit code on your screen (this is a constantly changing number).
*Please have the Google Authenticator Application accessible when logging into your account. Each time you log in, you will need to enter the 6 digit code from your multi-factor authentication application.
If you have lost access to your 2FA, please create a ticket so we can proceed with steps to reset your Two Factor Authentication. Select 2FA issues/set up when you submit your support ticket.
Please include the following when you create the ticket:
1. Selfie with the ID that Etana has on file, holding a handwritten note with:
- a) Today’s date
- b) 'For Etana use only'
- c) Includes your signature - This note must be large enough and fully visible
2. Make sure to use the email address that Etana has on file when creating a ticket.
- a) If you are using a different email than Etana has on file, we will send a confirmation email regarding the reset of your 2FA requiring your confirmation. Using a different email will cause delays in the reset process.
If you have any further questions about Two-Factor Authentication, please message our Support Team.